I have to admit, I literally savored and inhaled every single bite (minus the skin) of this sweet potato dish it was that good!
Fiesta Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 6 sweet potatoes (or 3 large ones halved)
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- Sour Cream (or plain greek yogurt)
- Pineapple Salsa (we use Trader Joes brand)
Poke holes in sweet potatoes with a fork and cook each sweet potato according to your microwave directions( for example mine was 6 and half minutes for one potato). If you do not use a microwave then bake your sweet potatoes in the oven accordingly. When potatoes are almost completely done cooking, place ground beef, onions, black beans, corn, tomatoes & green chiles in large skillet. Once meat is thoroughly cooked, drain grease and stir in taco seasoning packet. Split open sweet potatoes, pour in meat mixture and dress with desired toppings. Enjoy!