- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1.5 cups chopped onions
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 packet taco season
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14ounce can diced tomatoes undrained
- 2/3 cup jasmine or brown rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded (or more to taste)
Preheat oven to 375°, and a large skillet coat with cooking spray or coconut oil cook the meat, onions, garlic and green pepper until meat is done and vegetables are tender. Drain grease and add and remainder ingredients(minus the cheese) stir.
Transfer into 9 x 13 baking dish, cover and bake for 55 minutes or until the rice is tender. Remove, sprinkle with cheese and place in oven until cheese is melted.
Top with your favorite condiments, we used salsa and sour cream!