You know by now if you follow my blog I like to keep my recipes very simple, this is another one of those! My little guy has an egg allergy so I traded in the eggs for flax, I’ll put both variations in here but the WW Smart Points are with using the flax in place of the eggs, so keep that in mind when tracking.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 cups rolled oats (I used Trader Joe’s but any will do)
- 2 apples, any kind, chopped
- 2 cups of reduced fat milk (or whatever suits your family)
- 3 eggs (egg substitute: 3 tbsp milled flax seed & 5 tbsp water, set aside in bowl for 5 mins, stirred well)
- 1 oz craisins or raisins
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 325. Mix all dry ingredients together first, then add all wet ingredients, apples and craisins, mix well. Pour into greased baking dish, I used a 9×13. Bake 30-40 minutes or until sides and topped have a light brown color.
- Weight Watchers Smart Points: 7
- Makes 8 servings
💖 Refrigerate leftovers, reheat each serving in microwave for 1-2 mins, I added about a tbsp of vanilla almond milk on top of mine to give some extra moisture to it. So yummy!
Coconut Water Benefits:
✔️Low in calories
✔️More potassium than 4 bananas!
✔️Full of electrolytes
Drink it alone or make a smoothie with it and enjoy the benefits!
Coconut Strawberry Smoothie:
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2-1 tbsp honey
Blend all ingredients. Makes one serving.
Good For You Green Smoothie:
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup spinach/kale mix
- 1 pear
- 1 peach
This was quite delicious but if you don’t want a strong “green” taste I would omit the kale and just use spinach.
I finally tried Cream Cheese Pancakes (low carb & gluten free) this morning and they did NOT disappoint! I was actually surprised at how good they tasted compared to regular pancakes and my picky 4 year old loved them and didn’t notice a difference, score for me!
This recipe is from the fabulous low carb healthy recipe blog I Breathe…I’m Hungry.
Cream Cheese Pancakes
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 packet stevia (or any) sweetener (I don’t use any artificial sweeteners so I drizzled in organic honey)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For full recipe please visit http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/cream-cheese-pancakes.html
You will never buy store bought applesauce again after you try this healthy version!
- 8 small Organic Gala Apples
- 2 large Organic Pears
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Organic Local Honey
- 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
Peel, core, chop up apples and pears. Pour into crock pot, add in water, cinnamon and honey. Cook on high 2-3 hours (this may take longer if you are making a bigger batch). Mash up fruit and stir. Serve.
Raspberry Cheesecake Oatmeal
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup water, unsweetened almond milk, or skim milk
1/2 mashed medium banana
Splash of vanilla
2 tablespoons cream cheese (softened for 5 second in microwave)
1 teaspoon powdered sugar (more or less to taste)
Squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
1 tablespoon raspberry preserves
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine oats, water or milk, banana, and vanilla and pour into nonstick sprayed baking dish.
2. Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lemon juice. Put into plastic bag, snip off one end and squeeze into two horizontal lines on top of oatmeal. Put raspberry preserves in another plastic bag and squeeze two horizontal lines in between the cream cheese.
3. Drag knife up and down through lines to create a swirl. Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
Healthy Toffee Bites
These are husband and kid tested and approved! SO yummy!
1 cup whole grain quick oats
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
1/2 cup toffee bits
2/3 cup coconut flakes
1/3 cup organic honey
1 tbsp vanilla
*Notes: Add Optional Ingredients: Chia Seeds, Nuts, Raisins, Mini Chocolate Chips etc
If mix is too dry add more honey.
Mix all ingredients into bowl, stir well. Place in fridge for 60-90 mins, shape into bite size balls. Store in sealed container in fridge. Makes 70.
#healthy #toffeebites #natraulsnacks #breakfastonthego #snacks #appetizers #energy #bites #kidfriendly