Have you checked out the fabulous Super Healthy Kids Blog? If you haven’t you need to, they say it’s for kids.. and well I guess I am still a kid at heart… the recipes are really for anyone and still loved by kids of all ages. I had to share this recipe they posted, it looks wonderful! You can view it directly here.
Whipped Pineapple Pops
- 2 – 20 oz cans naturally sweetened crushed pineapple OR 1 large fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 cups cream, almond milk, or coconut milk (full fat works best for the most creamy consistency)
- Place pineapple and lime juice in a high power blender. Blend until smooth and frothy.
- Combine with creamy liquid.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds and freeze until hardened.
You will never buy store bought applesauce again after you try this healthy version!
- 8 small Organic Gala Apples
- 2 large Organic Pears
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Organic Local Honey
- 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
Peel, core, chop up apples and pears. Pour into crock pot, add in water, cinnamon and honey. Cook on high 2-3 hours (this may take longer if you are making a bigger batch). Mash up fruit and stir. Serve.
These protein bites taste like a little bit of heaven! Delicious, healthy and easy to make!
No Bake Protein Bites
- 2 cups 100% Whole Grain Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup ground flax & chia seed
- 1/2 cup silvered almonds
- 1 cup organic local honey
- 1/2 cup PB2 or all natural peanut butter
Place all dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir well, add in honey (and all natural peanut butter if you’re not using PB2) and stir well, if mixture still seems to dry add a drizzle more of honey until desired consistency. Once all ingredients are mixed well place in the fridge for 2 hours. Remove from fridge and roll into balls, depending on the size you make you should get about 50 or more balls. Store in fridge in air tight container. Enjoy!!!