Super easy, only 5 ingredients and a great Meatless Monday option! This keeps me full without feeling super heavy as well.
- 🔥4 Weight Watchers Points Plus
- Makes 6 servings
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 can black beans, drained/rinsed
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/2 shredded cheddar cheese
Use spray oil to grease pan, add zucchini, sautée for 5 minutes.
Add in rice, tomatoes, black beans and 1/2 cup water.
Stir well. Cover and let simmer until rice is cooked.
Tip: I used to boil in a bag rice (removed from bag and poured into pan) because it cooks faster so it took me about 10 minutes to simmer.
Once ready top with cheese.
I love fruit in my salads, they make it so delicious! 😋
Here’s what you need:
- Handful of Spring Mix Salad
- 4 pieces of oven roasted turkey lunch meat, chopped
- 1 mozzarella string cheese, chopped
- 4-5 grapes, halved
- 3 strawberries, chopped
- Skinny Girl Raspberry Vinegarette
- Optional: Almonds or Walnuts (I didn’t add nuts to this salad but I often do for extra protein)
Lay down spring mix, meat, cheese, fruits and drizzle with dressing. Enjoy! 😍
So I’m all about quick, easy and healthy with a 6 year old and 6 month old baby life can be hectic and meal planning isn’t always the easiest task to accomplish. These wraps couldn’t be easier and they’re pretty darn tasty!
- 1 package Flat Out Wraps
- 1 bag of Ceasar salad complete kit
- 2 bags of precooked grilled chicken
Mix all ingredients into bowl and coat well (I omitted the croutons to cut down on calories).
Portion into flat outs and wrap. I wrapped mine in aluminum foil so it would hold together better in my husband’s lunch box.
(Ok so this is not the best picture but I was limited on time lol.)
Makes 6 large wraps.
I was browsing Pinterest today (one of my favorite sites) and I came across this low carb, gluten free Hot Pocket Recipe, it looked great and I just HAD to share it! This fabulous recipe comes from The Iron You and I’ve spent just a few minutes on this website and there are several recipes I want to try out!
This chili is perfect to make on those days that your super busy. Toss all ingredients into the crock pot and off you go! I made this when we had guests over for dinner and everyone loved it!
Delicious Chicken Chili
- 3 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can fat free refried beans
- 1 can corn, do not drain
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1-2 cups reduced sodium turkey stock (or chicken broth)
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese
- 1 packet dry ranch mix
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- Lay frozen chicken breasts in crock pot.
- Place drained & rinsed black beans, pour into crock pot.
- Pour corn, tomatoes, refried beans, stock/broth, ranch, cumin and chili powder into crock pot.
- Stir all ingredients well.
- Set block of cream cheese on top on ingredients.
- Cover & cook on low for 6 hours. Before serving stir cream cheese into chili and break up chicken (by this time it’ll shred and fall apart easily).
- Optional Toppings: Tortilla chips, sour cream, cheese,cilantro, avocado, salsa or your favorite desired topping!
This is not your average cole slaw recipe loaded down with sugar, in fact it’s a bit tangy and pairs up nicely with any lean meat off of the grill!!
- 1 bag Cole Slaw
- 1/3 cup all natural real mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup all natural sour cream
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Mix
- Drizzle of organic or local raw honey equal to about 2 tbsp (most low carb recipes call for artificial sweeteners, I do NOT use those and in place I do local raw honey)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Pour all ingredients into large bowl, mix and serve or place in refrigerator until serving! That’s it– super simple and super yummy!!!